Friday, September 12, 2008

Thanks for...

the award, Deb...
it is tres cool...

and since my foreign language skills are, well, horrible, I used altavista's babelfish translator to see what the award says...

it says, according to the babbling fish: this blog invests and credits na proximidade

so...I imagine that letter I sent to the vet in St. Martin using babelfish was a bunch of incomprehensible gibberish...

no wonder I never got a response...

sigh...it is hard to make a whole nation look bad, but I think I did a pretty bang-up job of it with that pitiful letter...

but Deb says the award means "My friend Sharon informed me that the award celebrates how lovely someone is! That's a pretty nice award and I'm sure it means inside.
Mrs. B also found a translation of the award on the post below to be. THIS BLOG INVEST AND BELIEVES IN THE PROXIMITY ( proximity> noun nearness in space, time, or relationship)"

we're going with that...

and now I pick 8 bloggers who I think are lovely...

let's see:

A Girl Named Timi's, um, Timi
(she's a funny mess...with a cool car)

Bay Side to Mountain Side's Darla (she's just so funny too...and funny counts for a lot)

The Berry's Patch's Brandee
(she is just plain sweet...)

Gingerbread Pumpkin's Julie
(another sweetie...and I love Gingerbread & Pumpkin)

Lavender Hill Studio's Penny (Penny is just pleasant and friendly allll the time...plus she likes brown transfer ware too...and I love her roosterchickenpillow)

Rabbit Run Cottage's Susie Q
(another funny lady...with a really cool dog co-blogger)

The Pleasure of Homemaking's Manuela
(I'm so glad you're blogging again!!! you have a lot to offer :)

Southern Hospitality's Rhoda
(because the woman can decorate a house on a dime...& do it well)

there...all done...

8 comments:

Susie Q said...

Sheila! How sweet is this?? I have never seen this award and it is a really sweet ine! Thank you dear heart...I think you are pretty darn lovely too. : )

Sorry I am such an enabler...: ) Not that I actually ordered those things...but oh how I wanna! But oh how I want those boots! Probably could not get my chubbie gams in 'em but oh how pretty they are!

Love,
Sue

The Berry's Patch said...

Thanks Sheila! I love awards. Yeah!! I love your blog as well. Have a great weekend!

Brandee :-)

Deb said...

Hi Shelia! Wonderful! Deb

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Sheila! Thank you so much for passing this sweet award on to me and saying those lovely things about me! I think the award is very deserved of you!

I accept this lovely award and thank you again!
Hugs,
Penny

Darla said...

Thanks for the award even tho I don't have the foggiest about what is says, LOL! I'm just going to assume it says I'm wonderful, charming, sophisticated and wear a size 9. That is right isn't it?

Darla

Julie said...

Oh, Sheila!
You are so funny and too sweet to give me an award! You deserve it, as you ARE lovely!
Thank you, so much, for thinking of me and saying such sweet things about me!
Many Blessings,
Julie

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Oh, I almost missed this one! Thank you SO much, Sheila. I'll add it to my other awards. I just hate passing these things around, so I rebel & don't do it, but I sure appreciate the very kind words. xoxo

Bluebirdy said...

Hey again Sheila...I also have Manuela's blog on my blog list at my new homemaking blog. Actually this word means "Providence". This blog invests and credits in providence.One meaning of providence is to make wise use of the things you already have, like being frugal, and another meaning means foresight. I asked a Chilean friend. She is pretty good at the old proper Spanish and the new slangy mexican Spanish as well as the Chilean variation/dialect. I hope you recover soon. I am permanently sick, and my monitor is on a desk beside my bed and my cordless keyboard is on my bed, but I hide my meds in my bedside table. I love your blog and pics! Keep it up! I am so glad you mentioned that book about domesticity. I am a junkie for homemaking books. I also have a very small collection of 50-70 year old magazines about homemaking. I'd rather have just a few. Trying to minimize and simplify.
Blessings,
Sheila/Bluebirdy

it's all about the journey...