Thursday, September 18, 2008

Pardon This Interruption...

of a blogger who primarily likes to rattle on about little mundane things...

by a blogger who is simply fed up with A Whole Lot of Things...

(click to enlarge...created at wordle.net)

and let's not go into finger pointing...we're so far beyond that that we can't even see that in the rear view mirror...


so all I'm askin' is: Do any of ya'll have a couple of Middle Schoolers who might be available a couple of afternoons a week to help all the grown-ups get this mess straightened out? or even some 4th graders good with long division, multiplication, addition, subtraction...ya'll know...the basic stuff* that we all use to balance our piggy banks...

...because surely the little ones couldn't do a worse job than the bunch currently runnin' the show have...

actually, maybe we should just check the zoos for primates with drinking problems**...

****************************************
*basic stuff=apparently unimportant stuff once you enter certain job arenas

**better known as a barrel of drunk monkeys

9 comments:

The Berry's Patch said...

I couldn't agree more! I hope this is not going to become the great depression all over. It's hard to watch the news anymore.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

LOL! Well I just spend about 2 hours (off and on) reading about the various financial disasters that have been happening and those on the horizon.

I'm on a list where a guy who works for a bank says he keeps his money in a strong box!!@!

Manuela

Naturegirl said...

Travelling around Europe and have not listened to news or watched TV or read a paper..perhaps because we can't understand..thank you for following our journey! In Germany now..next week homeward bound!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Just wanted to tell you that I have also purchased used magazines on ebay :-).....can I join your addiction meeting?
Hugs,
Penny

Rebecca said...

Amen Sistah! And I think if I have to help bail out the dummies, I should have a say about who works there.

Darla said...

As Manuela mentioned, it might be best to take what little money I do have and stick in under the mattress... or depending on the outcome of the election... maybe sew it into the hem of my cape and flee the country.

Darla

Julie said...

I've tagged you , Miss Sheila!
Come play.
Blessings,
Julie

nikkicrumpet said...

It truly is a big old mess! I'm thinking anyone with half a brain could have stopped this from happening...now we just have to find a politician who even has a brain!

nikkicrumpet said...

Oh and I guess you didn't just get lucky...you're always funny!

it's all about the journey...