Sunday, June 11, 2006


The first cucumber harvest of the season. There are 2 more on the vine, but we just took these two for today~

I still am completely amazed by everytime a seed produces something I normally buy in the grocery store!

But, look at that funky stuff on the leaf of the neighboring zucchini bush~I'm nervous about that...

I checked my organic gardening encyclopaedia and found nothing about it...reminds me of powdery mildew...maybe I planted the cukes and zucchinis too close together? I'm really tempted to
snip a leaf and cart it over to the county extension
agent's office and ask them 1) what is it? and 2) what can I organically do to control it?

I've done battle with the rampant wisteria this morning~I'm losing, but I'm also too much of a jackass to give up the idea of eliminating this crazed vine from the property...I swear I think it snickers at me...

But, now the heat is ramping up for the day so I'm inside until this evening...

No comments:

it's all about the journey...