Monday, May 28, 2007

In General...

I find lots of things interest me...and I'm just going with the assumption that a lot of ya'll are the in the same boat :)
So...
Here are some Garden Shots...
First, the loverly Chaste Tree...
the equally Stunning Red Hot Poker...
the new gaillardia which I believe is named "Oranges and Lemons"...
My son's First Banana Pudding! DS begins culinary school this summer, planning to be a Pastry Chef when he grows up...man...that acorn didn't fall far from the tree...
Homemade Baked Banana Pudding with Meringue is one of the Special Things in Life...DS expressed some disappointment because his meringues didn't fluff up very well..but hey...this is southeastern Georgia...there is no such thing as a Humid Free Day...Or maybe it happened a long long time ago...before I was born...
and some Old Timers still talk about it:
Old Timer #1: "I remember that day in 1939 when there was Zero Humidity...Martha's meringues were high as a mountaintop"
Old Timer #2: "Yep...remember it well...Gertrude's divinity puffed up like clouds"
Old Timer #1: "Those were the days..."
Anyhoo...the recipe came from First Come, First Served...in Savannah...I'm hopin' the custard sets up a little more...the recipe calls for a cup more of milk than the recipe I use...
and Mr G, in a fit of Food Picture Jealousy, asked if I was going to take a photo of his First Rotisserie Chicken of the Season...sigh...
and our flags...I love flyin' the flag...and the more the better, right? a dear friend gave me the 5-flag holder...and I sure did have Mr G unscrew its column at our last home and bring it along with us :)
In Memory of and in Honour of All Our Servicemen and Servicewomen...Past, Present and Future...
Thank You and God Bless...

4 comments:

Darla said...

Did I miss the banana pudding? Is there any left?

Oh, maybe I should introduce myself before I pull up a chair and grab a fork, LOL!

I found you through ... I think it was Carolyn's blog and then maybe Mrs. G.

I like your place and will be back.

Darla

sheila from life @ #17 said...

Hi :)

I'll be right over to say Hello in your backyard :)

and I just finished the last little bit of banana pudding...after my Lean Cuisine lunch...DS nicely gave me the last bit...because I was makin' Cow Eyes at him...

Cathy said...

I love homemade banana pudding too. There nothing like it! Did I know that ds was going to culinary school?

FrenchGardenHouse said...

" Mr G, in a fit of Food Picture Jealousy, asked if I was going to take a photo of his First Rotisserie Chicken of the Season...sigh..."

oh, yes, if he is willing to make dinner, by all means post pictures! Both the chicken and the pudding look fabulous.:)
Lidy

it's all about the journey...