Monday, November 20, 2006

Three Loves Has He...


Fred, Suki and Wilma (from your left)...they came with those names...*

our rescue basset hounds...

we rescued Fred & Wilma from the Spalding County pound (okay, animal shelter/control...)
and Suki came from BHRG (Basset Hound Rescue of Georgia...link on the left side of the screen)...


can you believe I actually got up from the sofa last night so Fred could have a spot on the couch with his sisters?

can you believe we're actually considering buying another sofa so we'll have somewhere to sit?


you'd believe it if you had to listen to Fred's Whine...never, I say, never have I heard a dog sustain such a loooonnnngggggg irritating whine...and repeat without ceasing until he gets what he wants...kind of like a child in Wal-Mart...after being out shopping all day...and not gettin' a nap in...that kind of irritating whine...


I do have the acquired parenting skill required for raising one's offspring without serving time...the skill of Tuning Out (that's just awful, isn't it? oh well...got DS of Teenager Hood with all body parts intact...although there were some dicey moments)...but even if I can successfully Tune Out Fred...Mr G, well, he is just a push-over for those bassets...and don't even ask about the murder Gillie the Corgi Princess gets away with...

our favorite vet used to chide Mr G for allowing Bad Behavior (because, yes, I ratted him out...especially when I was getting lectured for having rotten misbehavin' furry children)...but now she just shrugs, realizing that Mr G simply does not possess the genetic material required to actually keep the fur babies in line...and it is all wasted breath...

*************************************************************************

*however, we have adjusted those names a little

Fred is still Fred...but with a twist...Freddie Frou Frou (I don't know...nicknames don't always make sense)...and sometimes Mr. Wonderfully Ridiculous...
Wilma is now Fleebie Weebie...
and Suki is Baby the Woo

3 comments:

Isabella in the 21st Century said...

Ha, ha, ha! I love Bassett hounds. They are just so forlorn looking and of course with the accompanying whine, well, no wonder they are spoilt babies. Yummy dogs! (Did you have the cartoon Fred Bassett over there?)

Debra said...

Oh, they are so cute! Thanks for sharing your buddies with us... Blessings, Debra

sheila from life @ #17 said...

no, I don't think I've heard of the Fred Basset carton! but now I'm going to search for it on the internet...and if I find something I'll show Mr G :)

thanks for stoppin' by, ya'll :)

it's all about the journey...